If you’ve just returned to your office after exhibiting or visiting a business expo, like last week’s Portsmouth Means Business Expo, here are some top tips on how to follow up with the connections you’ve made.
Ideas on how to follow up successfully after a networking event:
- Send a quick ‘thank you’ email to the people you met
- Invite them to connect with you on LinkedIn
- Follow them on Twitter
- Add them to Facebook (if you feel this is appropriate)
- Send them something of value (eBook, top tips, buyers guide…)
- Invite them to a networking event
- Invite them to have a 1-2-1 meeting with you
- Engage with them on social media
- Ask them if they would like to join your mailing list
- Keep in regular contact with them
These steps may seem obvious but they are very easy to forget when we’re busy in business! Follow these 10 stages of follow-up with everyone you meet to extend and grow your network and turn leads into sales!